MAC is one of those old school brands that whilst it doesn’t excite me as much as it used to, it has those staples that I would go back to time and time again, especially when it comes to eyeshadow. A good few years ago I went a bit overboard and did the 15 pan palette purchase, and it was so very satisfying seeing all the beautiful colours and thinking I won’t need any eyeshadow ever again……
Ok so I shouldn’t really have done that as it was mega pricey and I’m no makeup artist, plus how many other palettes do I own? Having tried a fair few though I have managed to narrow down My Top 5 favourite MAC eyeshadows that I really do love and think are worth having in my collection.
1. Sumptuous Olive at the very top is a veluxe pearl finish and is the most unusual colour in my opinion. It’s a khaki, muted bronze green with golden flecks running through it. I love using this on the outer corners and blended lightly on the lower lash line makes this a really easy to wear green that would suit anybody.
2. Naked Lunch is a shimmering pinky-beige champagne with a frost finish. It blends like a dream, works well with brown worked into the crease and is perfect for adding a neutral pop to the eyes. If my eyeshadow ever looks a bit dull I can always rely on this to brighten things up and I often just dab this in the middle of my lids. It also works well as an inner corner highlight.
3. Woodwinked is an antique gold and is another veluxe pearl finish. This always features in any gold party look I am doing and I love that as you blend it out, it turns more rusty looking so you can really create a two-dimensional effect with this eyeshadow.
4. Sketch is a velvet finish and is another one of those unusual colours. This super pigmented reddish-brown is great for adding some warmth to the crease. In some lights it can look purple but either way this is more interesting and has more depth than your usual brown crease colours.
5. All That Glitters is a veluxe pearl finish and one of those favourites that everyone should own. I would describe it as a more golden peachier version of Naked Lunch. In some lights it can look coppery and although it doesn’t look particularly exciting in the pan, it is the perfect all over lid colour.
So, have you tried any of these eyeshadows before? Which ones are your favourite? x