When it comes to nude nail varnishes I go through phases. Normally it’s all about the reds but every so often I want understated chic. It’s also a lot easier to go for a nude nail varnish as then you don’t have to worry about your nails clashing with your outfit…..crazy I know but isn’t it a pain when you take the trouble to paint your nails a certain colour and then realise you weeks outfit has to fit around it? Or maybe that’s just me! Anyway, I’ve got 5 options which make sure I don’t have that problem and each have enough colour in them to stand out but not draw too much attention either. From left to right:
1. Boots No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in So Simple. This is a true beige but with a hint of yellow so it looks far from dull on the hands.
2. Mavala’s Vanilla is true to its name but my only vice with this is that it takes a few coats for the colour to build up and yet if you apply to many coats it looks odd. I just stick to a max of two coats and accept the fact that it is a sheer colour.
3. Essie’s Topless and Barefoot in the middle is a pinky nude. The first coat is streaky but once built up to the desired effect it looks über chic.
4. Marc Jacob’s Funny Girl is by far my favourite and is a warm peachy beige and always draws compliments.
5. Lastly is Essie’s Tea & Crumpets. Don’t you just love the name? This is a peachy pink with a frosty sheen to it. It’s not my favourite finish in a nail varnish but on this colour it works.
So what about you? Have you tried any of these before and which are your favourite nude nail varnishes? x