There are so many luxury beauty brands like Chanel, Dior, Charlotte Tilbury and Tom Ford to name a few but there is just something about Nars that makes it special. It’s got an edge to it and countless times you hear the words “cult favourite” in reference to their products – Nars Sheer Glow being the first thing that comes to mind. It’s also pretty cool, although sometimes frustrating that it isn’t available in every department store, oh and lets not forget that Space NK stocks Nars……that means it’s gotta be good. So it’s clear I’m a fan then and for those of you perhaps new to the brand or a fan like me, I’ve done a round up of the products I think they do exceptionally well. Yes, pretty much everything is good, but these are the items that make it to my Nars Hall of Fame.
1. Foundation. No Nars Hall of Fame is complete without mention of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation. This is my foundation of choice and no matter how many I have tried I always come back to this. It’s that natural glow from within and satin finish which lasts all day that does it for me. The colour selection is also great and it has just the right amount of yellow to suit my medium complexion. I’m sure you girls will agree that once you find a foundation that matches perfectly, suits your skin type and gives you the right amount of natural long-lasting coverage, it’s a keeper.
2. Lipsticks. In particular the Nars Audacious Lipsticks are the best formula I have come across as they are highly opaque and pigmented and I adore their colour selection, see my post on these here (the colour Jane is pictured in the middle below). There is also a good choice of sheer, satin and semi-matte finishes in their lipsticks and in their semi-matte range I love Jungle Red (pictured on the right below) and Heat Wave, both of which are gorgeous reds.
3. Lip Crayons. Ok so this is technically in the lipstick range but I think the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils deserve a category of their own for their formula and again the colour range. See my post here on two of my favourites, Red Square and Dragon Girl (pictured on the left below).
4. Eyeshadow Base. Their Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is the only eye primer I use and this is probably my fifth repurchase. It’s clear in colour and leaves a smooth matte finish leaving the perfect canvas for your eyeshadow to sit on top of and keeps my eyeshadow in place all day.
5. Blushers. With iconic colours, healthy-looking finishes and a range of mattes and shimmers their blushers are just adorable. My three favourites are Deep Throat, Orgasm and Luster (the names are crazy but that’s Nars for you!).
So there it is, my Nars Hall of Fame. What about you? What are your favourite products from Nars? x